Saturday 24 March 2012

"BREAKFAST"

You definitely inherited your Opa's sweet tooth when it came to food!
When you were little I was able to send you off to school with a belly full of cereal and toast and fruit juice. But what you really wanted was Fruit Loops!! So, every holidays, I would buy a big packet of Fruit Loops just for a treat!
However, once you were old enough to make your own breakfast menu, all my 'good parenting' ideas went out the window! Your favourite breakfast became toast with butter, sugar and cinnamon! I had no say in this as you went to work later than I did, so you would eat after I had left the house.
On the evening of the day you passed away I went to sit quietly in my chair in the lounge room. I already had tear-filled eyes as I tried to come to terms with a life without you in it...only to find that you had left a little reminder of 'you' in my chair! Sugar and cinnamon crumbs!
You had obviously chosen my chair as your breakfast nook that morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment