Wednesday 28 March 2012

"TRASH"

Talk about stubborn!
I once asked you to clean up the 'trash' that surrounded your beanbag.
It was your habit to come home from school and park yourself in front of the TV with whatever junk food you could get your hands on. This only became a problem when the wrappers, packages, glasses, cups, plates, etc accumulated and became a magnet for ants.
After repeatedly asking you to clean it up (and being a little bit stubborn myself and refusing to do it!!) I decided on a different course of action! I got out the digital camera and took one photo of your beanbag and it's surrounds, after you had retired for the night!
I then displayed this photo on the wall near the door with the label, "Day 1".
This was repeated for the next four days with consecutive labels and with the pile of trash growing markedly each day!
Finally, on the fourth day, you noticed these photos and were able to perceive the story they were telling and understand the character portrayal that was my intent.
It worked!!!
You cleaned it up! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment