Saturday 17 March 2012

"A SIGN"



Again, I thought this one would be tricky but it's not!
I remember many driving trips in the car when you would just leave me flabbergasted with the things your clever little mind could do! Before you even started school we would be driving along and you would read all the signs to us along the way! It was one of the first indications for us that we were dealing with someone extraordinary!
Other times, at the age of only 3 or 4, you would say, "Mum, could you tell me when we have gone one kilometre?"
After one kilometre you would then say something like, "I counted 8 trees, so if we go ten kilometres there will be 80 trees!"
How does a mind so young even deal with those sort of concepts?
In later years, your job at the The Gazette saw you being given carte blanche to design the banners/signs for the sports pages and other specialty pages.
So you see, the topic became quite relevant in relation to you!
Sometimes, even now, I imagine little signs that you are with me...a rainbow, a star or just a warm feeling around me!
I love your signs! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment