Tuesday 27 March 2012

"YOUR NAME"

Up until about two weeks before you were born, you were always going to be called Jack. I'm not really sure why we changed our minds. I think that I had always liked the name Jacob but was put off giving you that moniker because of 'the cat'!
You see, when I first met your Dad he owned a very large, very egocentric cat named Jacob.
 Jacob the Cat didn't last too long after we were married though. Not only did I dislike cats intensely but he insisted on sleeping in the cots we had set up for your twin brothers, Toby and Nick, before they were even born. So, we decided , unanimously, that he had to go!
Just as well really, or you would have shared your name with a cat!!!
Your second name, Anton, came from several sources. To me, there didn't seem to be a lot that went well with Jacob but I was determined that you would have a second name as neither your father nor I had ever had one. In the end I think I sort of liked Aaron or Anton. Anton won the day as we had previously met one of Oma's brothers from The Netherlands who had the same name and we also had a good friend named Anton. Both of these lovely people now share the Heavens with you!!! (Mind you, they both enjoyed a party....I hope you're all having a ball together!!!)
As far as I can determine, the name Van Berlo originated in Belgium in a place called Berlo or maybe Berloz. There is apparently a chateau there called Chateau de Berloz which you had often talked of visiting one day.
 Maybe one of your cousins or mates might look it up one day and send us a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment