Saturday 12 May 2012

"MUM"

I'm your Mum! and very proud to be able to say that to the world!!
In some ways I think I am the luckiest Mum in the world!!! I have produced four very beautiful children who each invoked such strong feelings of love and an overwhelming sense of..."This is what I was born to do!"
After your brothers, Toby and Nick were born I was semi-conscious and in the recovery room following a general anaesthetic when I learned that our little Nicholas had been stillborn. I remember just feeling absolute despair... and shock because I knew that when we had come into the hospital that morning we were feeling very excited about finally becoming parents after 8 and a 1/2 months of pregnancy. I also learned that Toby was still alive but had been taken to intensive care as he too was not expected to live. He lived through the night and died in my arms very early the following morning.
They were identical twins and no explanation could be found for their deaths as they were perfect-looking and very good weights. Now I know that they had a job to do. They had to pave the way for you to join them many years later!!
Two days before what would have been Toby and Nick's first birthday our beautiful Sian was born!! She was, and still is, absolutely gorgeous! She was obviously put on this Earth to make our lives the best they could possibly be!!!
You were my baby and such a joy and a bugger all at the same time! After having Sian who slept through the night from day one, I was completely taken aback by this bundle of joy WHO NEVER SLEPT!!!!
But I would do it all again Jake!! I'm your Mum and being a Mum is my favourite job!
Thank you and your brothers and your sister for making me very proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment