Wednesday 2 May 2012

"SKYLINE"

As we drove down the highway a few weeks ago, three very bright rays of sunlight escaped the grey rain clouds and headed towards the distant skyline. One was brighter than the others and was flanked on each side by it's less brighter counterparts.
The warmth of those rays radiated quietly within my heart as I 'felt' my three boys accompanying me on our travels. I smiled.
It may sound dramatic or even foolish but I really do have those feelings at times of light and beauty, especially in the natural world.
Jake loved nature. He wasn't overly vocal about it but he would take himself to places off the beaten track just because of their beauty. He would comment on nature's ability to resurrect itself after a bushfire or he would despair at the devastation caused by same.
I loved that skyline and what it represented to me that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment