Wednesday 9 May 2012

"SOMETHING YOU DO EVERY DAY"

You gave me a hug every day!!
Well, that's not quite true because you weren't home every day, but if you were at home at the same time as I was, then you would give me a 'tall cuddle'.
Sometimes the look on your face said, "OH, I suppose I'd better give her that cuddle before I go!" as if it were a chore that had to be done rather than an act that gave your Mum real pleasure. But, you still did it...and I still loved it!!
Sometimes, you gave me the cuddle because you wanted something! You could charm your way into or out of anything!!!
You would spontaneously give cuddles in times of need! That's how I knew that you would have turned out to be a 'good bloke". I was proud of that!!
Your mates are great, Jake! They give me a hug when they see me and some, like your cousin Tim, can actually give a 'tall hug'. It brings back nice memories but they will never be you!
I only came up to about your shoulder when you cuddled me but it felt good to be hugged by someone with such broad shoulders and by someone who really put everything into a hug.
I miss that! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment