Wednesday 27 June 2012

"BATHROOM"

The bathroom went from being taboo in your 'boy' world to being arguably your favourite room.
You would spend ages in the bathroom making sure your hair was 'just right'. You would spend ages in the shower before dumping your towels on the floor along with your discarded underwear and your dirty socks.
You would shut yourself in the bathroom to trim those raggedy bits of hair that wouldn't go the way you wanted them. And then, much to Sian's disgust, you would leave the cut hair all over the basin and the floor.
However, a few years before you died, I decided that I had worked long and hard enough to warrant having a cleaner once a fortnight. Her main job was to thoroughly clean both bathrooms, in particular the showers which my arthritis found hard to cope with. After only a few months of this you questioned why I would pay a cleaner when I could be paying you to do the same thing. I scoffed at the idea and dared to suggest to you that the state you left the bathroom in was not a good job reference.
But, in your usual style, you managed to persuade me to give you a go.
And....you were fantastic!!!
I miss my bathroom cleaner! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment