Friday 29 June 2012

"SOFT"

You had such a 'soft' heart. For all your bravado and 'coolness' you never, ever liked to see those close to you feeling hurt or upset.
When we got the news that my Nan had passed away, you and I were in the middle of a disagreement about various teenage 'things'. But, as soon as we got that phone call, you had your arms around me, you told your girlfriend she was going home and you told me you were coming with me, to be with my family.
On the day of Nan's funeral I was fine until the burial at the cemetery. Your brothers, Toby and Nick, had been buried in with my grandfather, and now my Nan was being buried in the same plot. I lost the plot!! You had the flu that day but it was you who comforted me and made sure I was alright.
You once showed your 'soft' side when you wrote a letter to your sister while she was going through some tough times. You told her that you loved her and hoped that she was ok.
I know of several friends who often used you as a sounding board. You were easy to talk to and had a great big, 'soft' heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment