Friday 15 June 2012

"YELLOW"

For almost 20 years you waited to sing the famous "Yellow and Black" chorus at a grand final. It didn't happen and I think it will be a few years before it does!
We loved going to the games together to watch Carlton playing Richmond. Sian and Dad would wear their blues gear and you and I would wave our yellow and black flags and proudly wear our yellow and black scarves.
Sadly, our team seemed destined to be 'ninth' every year. Once, after a game, we walked out of the MCG after yet another loss with you singing "Oh we're from Fairyland" instead of the usual lyrics. You had the crowds giggling and joining in.
Each year you would threaten to barrack for a different team but you never did! We would text each other every time Richmond won and the only words we ever had to write were "Yellow and Black!" I think I was always more pleased to get your text message than I was to see Richmond win! I loved that you were so pleased!
I love the atmosphere at those games but I'm not sure that it will ever be the same without my 'yellow and black' buddy! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment