Tuesday 26 June 2012

"WHERE YOU SHOP"

Well, nowhere if you can possibly help it!!!
Shopping just wasn't your thing!!
I remember, when you were about 8 or 9 years old, my Nan (your "Grandnan") asked if I would take her Christmas shopping at Fountain Gate. I can't for the life of me think why because she also hated shopping and she would have been about 88 years old at the time!! I also can't think why your Nan and I agreed to take, not just Grandnan, but you and Clare as well!! You wanted to do your Christmas shopping too! How silly were we?
We laugh about it now but, at the time, it was a nightmare!!!
Both Nan and I knew not to plan any shopping for ourselves as our hands would be full with the three of you. But, when we got there you, Grandnan and Clare decided to nick into the $2 shop. So, I nicked into Target and Nan had to go downstairs to pick up something from K-Mart.
The three of you were finished in 5 seconds flat! All of your shopping was completed in the $2 shop! And as far as you were all concerned it was then time to go home. I had finished in Target but Nan was not back yet so I bought the three of you an ice-cream and found a table for you to sit at!!
Grandnan then spent the rest of the time trying to persuade me to put an announcement over the PA system so that Nan could be paged. How embarrassing would that be??? Of course I didn't do it but I did vow that I would never take you, Clare or Nan to Fountain Gate again!!
Fancy going all that way for 5 minutes of shopping in a $2 shop!!
Last of the big spenders!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment